Monday, February 3, 2014
Come Unto Christ
Well, Sunday I was made Young Women's President in our ward. I'm not really nervous, I've been here before. I knew a change was coming, about 2 months ago, but as usual, I thought I was just making up feelings for having a desire to be done in Cub Scouts after 2 and a half years. In cub scouts, that is not really very long. Then after Christmas, the beginning of January we met with our bishopric member. They asked me to be primary pianist. I was really content with that, because I haven't had such a simple job, doing the one thing I love most, MUSIC!!!! As our bishopric member extended this calling to me, he let me know that it was very temporary. Like, only 2 or 3 weeks temporary. I then spent the next 2 weeks thinking, but not really thinking too hard about it. We also had the opportunity to attend a ward temple night. We rode in big passenger vans, and had an enjoyable time all the way to Logan. As we entered our session, we ended up ahead of the rest of our group. I know it was intentional on the Lord's part. He needed me to be on my own, so that I could receive the inspiration I needed to prepare for this calling. I knew then, that my counselors were to be the 2 ladies I rode to the temple with. And while I have always said, young women's is my life long calling, I still wasn't sure if I was headed to young women's of relief society. I love the time that I receive such divine and specific instruction from the Lord, in the temple. Come Sunday, we were asked to stay after church and meet with bishop and his counselor, and they extended the call for young women's president. I told them I needed to pray about the names, but after a very long and very sleep deprived, for counsel from my Heavenly Father, Sunday night, I had my names. Then came the next, extremely long week. Every day dragged. I was so anxious to get in there and get going, that it was hard to wait that whole week! Then as I waited for that week to end, I started looking into things for Young Women's. Come Unto Christ is the theme this year, and I am more excited for the many learning opportunities I am going to have with this theme. As I sat through our first lesson yesterday, I was reminded why I love young women's so much! They are such sweet spirits. They are simple believers, and sometimes I try to make things so complicated, and our religion isn't about that. Pure and simple Faith, with the invitation to "Come Unto Christ and perfected in him." Here's to a fabulous start to a new year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment